- Undergravel filter system includes 4 filter plates (each measuring 11.5" X 11.5") with extra large 1 inch adjustable lift tubes.
- Filter is suitable for most 40 and 50 gallon aquariums. Clips to hold each section securely together are included.
- 2 carbon filter cartridges remove odors, and water discoloration by trapping the pollutants in the pores of the carbon.
- This undergravel filter hides from view for maximum aesthetics. Safe for use in both freshwater and saltwater tanks.
- Effortless setup and easy maintenance make this premium undergravel filter a must have for all home aquariums. Simply place filter plates at the bottom of the tank and cover with gravel.
The Penn Plax Penn Plax Undergravel Filter combines the function of a traditional filter while offering maximum viewing since it’s hidden out of sight. Designed for 40 to 50 gallon fish tanks, this undergravel filter uses mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration to filter harmful pollutants from your aquarium. Undergravel filters create the most natural bacteria bed for fish tanks and provide effective aerobic filtration. Included are 4 filter plates (each measuring 11.5″ X 11.5″) with extra large 1 inch adjustable lift tubes. These lift tubes carry bubbles from the bottom of the aquarium to the top creating a gentle flow of water through the gravel and up the lift tube. Designed with narrow slat openings, the gravel is prevented from falling through to filter cartridge. Air pump and airline tubing not included.